I’ve had a number of requests to add a feature to Desk Drive that hides the tray icon. Turns out, you already have the ability to do this from the task bar. Here’s how.
- Right-click on the “Start” button on the task bar
- Select the Taskbar tab
- Check the “Hide inactive icons” checkbox
- Click the customize button to the right of the checkbox
- Select Desk Drive in the list
- Use the drop-down box to select “Always hide”
- Click OK
- Click OK again
The Desk Drive icon is now hidden. You can use this same technique to manage other tray icons as well.